Guoqiang Li, Ph.D., Professor Holding John W. Rhea, Jr. Professorship in Engineering
Associate Editor and Editorial Board Member
1. Associate Editor for ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering (since October, 2009).
2. Editorial Board Member for Elsevier journal of Composites Part B: Engineering (since June, 2008).
3. International Editorial Board Member for International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering (since January, 2009).
4. Editorial Advisory Board Member for Bentham Open Access Journal of Recent Patents on Corrosion Science (since March, 2009).
5. International Editorial Advisory Board Member for ˇ°Journal of Chongqing Jiaotong University (natural science edition)ˇ± (since February, 2010).
1. Guest editor for a special issue on ˇ°Blast/impact on engineered (nano)composite materialsˇ± published in Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol. 40, No. 6, (September 2009).
2. Guest editor for a special issue on ˇ°Heavy Duty Asphalt Pavements and Bridge Deck Pavementˇ± published in ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 40, No. 7, (December 2012).
Manuscript Referee for
1. Composites Science and Technology;
2. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing;
3. Composites Part B: Engineering;
4. Journal of Composite Materials;
5. Journal of Reinforced Plastic and Composites;
6. Polymer Composites;
7. Engineering Structures;
8. Cement and Concrete Research;
9. Journal of Materials Science;
10. ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering;
11. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics;
12. International Journal of Solids and Structures;
13. Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials;
14. Structural Engineering and Mechanics;
15. International Journal of Geomechanics;
16. The Journal of Engineering Research;
17. ACI Structure Journal.
18. Chemical Engineering Communications;
19. ASME Journal of Energy Resource Technology;
20. Materials and Structures;
21. Journal of Zhejiang University;
22. Construction and Building Materials;
23. Materials Letter;
24. Recent Patent on Engineering;
25. Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences;
26. International Journal of Corrosion;
27. Advances in Structural Engineering ¨C An International Journal;
28. ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction;
29. International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science & Mechanics;
30. ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering;
31. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics;
32. Journal of Cleaner Production;
33. ASCE Journal of Nanomechanics and Micromechanics;
34. Journal of Sound and Vibration;
36. ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology;
37. Recent Patent on Corrosion Science;
38. Mechanics of Materials;
39. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering;
40. ASCE Journal of Structure Engineering;
41. Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration;
42. ACI Materials Journal;
43. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering;
44. International Journal of Impact Engineering;
45. Chinese Journal of Aeronautics;
46. ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics;
47. ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation;
48. International Journal of Physical Science;
49. Smart Materials and Structures;
50. Advanced Functional Materials;
51. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures;
53. Journal of Applied Polymer Science;
54. International Journal of Fracture;
55. Engineering Fracture Mechanics;
56. International Journal of Plasticity;
57. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids;
58. ACS Macro Letter;
59. Progress in Polymer Science.
Proposal Referee for
1. National Research Council;
2. National Science Foundation;
3. Army Research Office;
4. American Chemical Society/Petroleum Research Fund;
5. John Wiley&Sons, Inc.;
6. McGraw-Hill, Inc.;
Conference Proceeding Referee for
1. American Society for Engineering Education- Gulf-Southwest Section, 2005 Annual Conference, March 23-25, 2005, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, TX 78412.
2. ASME/ETCE, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002, Houston, Texas.
3. ASME 2005 Heat Transfer Summer Conference, San Francisco, CA, Westin St. Francis Hotel, July 17-22, 2005.
4. ASEE GSW conference, Baton Rouge, 2006.
5. Third International Conference on Composites in Civil Engineering (CICE2006), Miami, Florida, December 13-15, 2006.
6. GeoShanghai 2010 conference, Shanghai, China, June 3-5, 2010.
7. 2011 ASME PVP Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, July 17-21, 2011.
8. ASME 2013 Summer Heat Transfer Conference, Minneapolis, MN, July 14-19, 2013.
Symposium/Conference Session Committee, Chair, and Co-Chair
1. Advisory board member, 20th International Conference on Composite/Nano Engineering (ICCE/20), July 22-27, 2012, Beijing, China.
2. Advisory board member, 19th International Conference on Composite/Nano Engineering (ICCE/19), July 24-30, 2011, Shanghai, China.
3. Session co-organizer ˇ°2010 ASME PVP conference,ˇ± Bellevue, Washington, July 18¨C22 (2010).
4. Advisory board member, 18th International Conference on Composite/Nano Engineering (ICCE/18), Anchorage, Alaska, July 4-10, 2010.
5. Technical committee member. 17th International Conference on Composite Engineering (ICCE/17). Session Co-chair for Session 3-d: General 3, Hawaii, July 26-31, 2009.
6. Symposium Co-chair. Mechanics of Composite Materials. Session Chair for Session 1: Mechanics and Optimization, and Local Organizing Committee Member in the First American Academy of Mechanics Conference (AAM2008), New Orleans, June 17-20, 2008.
7. Technical committee member. 16th International Conference on Composite Engineering (ICCE/16). Kunming, China, July 20-26, 2008.
8. Session co-chair for Session W2B: NOVEL APPLICATIONS in the Third International the International Institute for FRP in Construction (IIFC) Conference: Composites in Civil Engineering, Miami, Florida, December 13-15, 2006.
9. Session Chair and developer for Sandwich Composite Structures in the 14th International Conference on Composite Engineering (ICCE/14), Boulder, Colorado, July 2-8, 2006. I also served as a technical committee member and a distinguished speaker.
10. Session Chair for Infrastructure Composite in 11th International Conference on Composite Engineering (ICCE/11), Hilton Island, South Carolina, August 8-14, 2004.
11. Chair for Session 9d, GENERAL III -- Infrastructure Composite in 9th International Conference on Composite Engineering (ICCE/9), San Diego, July 1-6, 2002.
12. Chair and Session Developer in 24th Energy Technology Conference and Exhibition (ETCE), Houston Texas, February 4 - 5, 2002, USA.
13. Chair and Session Developer in 23rd Energy Technology Conference and Exhibition (ETCE), Houston Texas, February 5 - 7, 2001, USA.
14. Co-Chair for ASME Petroleum Division/Offshore Technology Symposium, 07/2001-07/2002.
15. Vice-Chair for ASME Petroleum Division/Offshore Technology Symposium, 06/2000-06/2001.
16. Co-chair for Session Reinforced Polymer Materials, Joint Strength in Composites & Cutting Mechanisms, Chip Formation and Surface Features in Energy Source Technology Conference & Exhibition (ETCE)/Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering (OMAE) joint conference, New Orleans, February 14 - 17, 2000, USA.
17. Chair for Session 6a GENERAL IV composite piping in 5th International Conference on Composite Engineering (ICCE/5), Las Vegas, July 5 - 11, 1998, USA.